Background

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hawaii


I'm only a month late, but better late than never. :) We took a trip to Hawaii with Cory's parents last month. Katelyn had more fun than I imagined possible. She even said she would rather go back to Hawaii than Disneyworld! WOW! I must say that I'm fine with that, though we'll have to take Jackson to Disneyworld sometime in the future. :)
Katelyn's attempt at "hang loose."


This boy LOVED the water!
Ready to hike Diamond Head!









Katelyn was such a trooper! There was a little bit of whining at the beginning,
but she did SO well.....much better than many of the people we passed on the trail.





Pineapple plants at Dole.


Getting ready to plant the new crop.


Jackson's first taste of ice cream....a yummy, pineapple Dole whip!
We were able to meet up with my friend Pam and her kids. They are stationed in Hawaii! I love how Jackson is ever so slyly trying to pull Makayla's hair. :)
Rainbow tree.


At the North Shore.

A sea turtle! I was so happy Katelyn got to see this. All she talked about before the trip was wanting to see a sea turtle. I really didn't think she would, but there he was!

Checking the surf out.
A bit too rough for the kiddos!
Love these cool trees!
Pineapple fields.

Jackson was trying to escape because he could see the pool. Silly water baby!
A nighttime swim.

Katelyn took a hula lesson at the hotel.

A submarine at Pearl Harbor.






Fingers again. :)



Very good quote.
Ready for the luau at the hotel!













Just around the corner from Hanama Bay...which was closed. :( We were so bummed!












No comments: