Background

Sunday, November 02, 2008

End of October pics and an allergy update

I finally took some pictures and actually downloaded them on to the computer. I really am trying to get better at this. :)

Cory is still in Oklahoma, but hopefully he will be done on November 5th! We can't wait. I am flying down to meet him and drive back up to Washington with him. Cory's parents will be here with Katelyn, so it will be a nice little trip for us. Cory will be at home for about three days and then head out again until the 6th of December. Katleyn and I will be in VA for Thanksgiving and hopefully we will all be together again for Christmas!

I also have an update on Katelyn's allergies. She went to see the allergist at the end of September for more testing and we got her results back a couple of weeks ago. The disappointing news is that her milk and egg levels have almost doubled, but I'm not losing hope of her outgrowing them yet. Usually they give kids until the age of 3 or 4 to see if they will outgrow the allergy, so we still have some time! Her levels for strawberries, peanuts, and peaches also went up slightly. Her wheat and oats levels went down slightly, which is good news. However, though we thought the allergist would do a wheat food challenge, she wants to wait until Katelyn is a little older so she has better communication skills and can inform us of the early signs of anaphylaxis.

The most recent, exciting news on the allergy front is that today I realized I have been feeding Katelyn some wheat-free waffles that have peach extract in them! At first, I was so mad at myself for having missed the peach ingredient on the label (I am a nazi label reader), but then I got really excited because Katelyn has not been having any adverse reactions!! So, I did some research, and to make a long story short, I ended up giving Katelyn four bites of PEACH soy yogurt tonight!!! She didn't have any immediate, anaphylactic reaction, so we just need to wait about 24 hours to see if she has any skin or GI problems. But I am very optimistic!









Looking for leaves.



She was saying "help," trying to pull them off the tree.







As you can see from the background, our neighbors went all out for Halloween!



Playing in the dirt.



"Icky!" She is so funny....she loves playing in the dirt, but hates having dirt on her hands. And notice the dirt in the corner of her mouth. Yes, she decided to taste it too. :)





Our little bookworm. This is where I find Katelyn every night while I fix dinner. All the books start on the shelf, and she'll pull them off, one by one, reading each one...in her own language, of course. It is so sweet. Hopefully she will hang on to her love for reading.





Katelyn and Dover have become great pals. They chase each other all over the house. Here they are playing tug-of-war. Dover is very good with her, and never pulls her too hard.





Running after Dover.



Katelyn's friend Addison came over and the girls had a great time playing. As you can see, they played with just about every toy in the play room.



Digging for something fun.



Reading together....so cute!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

WOW!

I read the peaches update to Daniel, and we were both grinning! So happy that there is some good changes happening! It's our prayer that these little changes keep comin'!

Also, I was dying laughing at your neighbors' halloween decor!

Kaitlyn is such a darling little girl! You are doing such a good job with her. I'm sure she didn't steal her love of books!

Hopefully time flies so Cory comes home soon!

I heard your stuff got to your house all broken and lost from the move? Did that really happen?? We don't know when we move yet, but I'm already kinda dreading entrusting all my earthly possessions to "the movers," but alas, it's just stuff!

Anyway,I love and miss y'all. Take care!

Amanda